He started his solo career in 1997. and caught the Figaro bug in no time. Initially a preparation technician for a one-design in the Solitaire du Figaro race, he moved front stage in 2001 and finished second in the newcomer class. Since then, Thierry Chabagny, a talented and methodical sailor, with renowned helming skills and outstanding levels of fitness, has competed in numerous races and added some fantastic trophies to his cabinet.
- Winner of the Jules Verne Trophy in 45 days 13 hours 42 minutes and 53 seconds aboard the Maxi Trimaran Banque Populaire V.
- 4th in the 2009 Solitaire du Figaro
- 1st in the 2007 Cap Istanbul
- 2nd in the 2007 Transat Jacques Vabre
- 2nd in the 2006 Solitaire du Figaro