Utilizamos cookies para mejorar tu experiencia. Para cumplir con la nueva directiva sobre privacidad electrónica, necesitamos el consentimiento para utilizar tus cookies. Aprende más.
The Matterhorn as model
Born in the shadow of the Matterhorn valley to a family of mountain lovers, Hervé Barmasse is a passionate mountaineer. Inspired by the iconic summit he was born next to, he's become an expert in high peaks. His career almost never happened because of a skiing accident at the age of 16 when he injured his knee. This enforced sporting layoff was tough for Hervé. To help him get to a better place, his father took him (if not to say pushed and pulled him) to the summit of the Matterhorn. This winter ascent with his father was an "aha" moment for Hervé who discovered that the mountain was much more than just groomed slopes.
Hervé is a well-known and respected mountaineer in the climbing world. He's opened many routes, often solo, and is constantly exploring peaks and summits all over the world, but he always returns home to the Matterhorn.
- First ascent of the south face of the Matterhorn, Alps
- First ascent of the west face of Cerro Piergiorgio, Patagonia
- First ascent of Beka Brakay Chhok, Pakistan
- New route on Cerro San Lorenzo north face, Patagonia
- New solo route on Matterhorn Picco Muzio, Alps
- First enchainment of four Matterhorn ridges in 17 hours
- South face of Shishapangma with David Göttler in 13 hours.