From MTB, to triathlon to ultra-trail
Clearly the length of her events in mountain biking (2002 marathon MTB European champion) and triathlon (Xterra / Inferno Triathlon) weren't enough for her. Andrea Huser has been running ultra-marathons since 2013 and loves every minute of it.
Her ultra-trail performance has been impressive:
- double winner of the Eiger Ultra-Trail (2016 / 2017)
- winner of the Grand Raid de la Réunion (2016)
- winner of the Madeira Island Ultra-Trail (2017), winner of the Lavaredo Ultra Trail (2017)
- two-time runner-up at the UTMB® (2016 / 2017)
And this last race is her next dream. With a time gap of 155 seconds from the winner of the 2017 UTMB®, Andrea missed out by a hair's breadth. Her potential is there for all to see and it's just a question of time.
I'll never be a pro!
Andrea could have signed a professional contract and made a living from her sport on many occasions. But she's not interested; she doesn't want the pressure and the constraints this would impose. For her, the beauty of ultra-trailing is in its simplicity. "I put my shoes on and I run, I run to the next mountain and then the next one... and if I get fed up, I turn around. Being outside, you can enjoy the beauty of nature, you're free."
Andrea Huser's sunglasses
- Gafas de sol de mujer con lentes suspendidas para deportes de alto rendimientoVerde - Spectron 3
- Gafas de sol de mujer polivalentes para todo tipo de deportes outdoorCarey gris / Rojo - Spectron 3
- Gafas de sol de mujer con lentes suspendidas para deportes de alto rendimientoAzul oscuro / gris - Spectron 3