8 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT REACTIV PERFORMANCE 1-3 LENSES
We believe that sunglasses should constantly adjust the lens tint based on the weather and terrain you may encounter.
That’s exactly what our REACTIV Photochromic lens technology does. The lens tint automatically adjusts to the lighting conditions you travel through to help you stay focused while you’re climbing, running, riding or skiing. We developed our Reactiv 1-3 HIgh Contrast & the Reactiv 1-3 Light Amplifier lens so you can see the terrain you’re moving through and protect your eyes even if it’s cloudy or shady in the woods. Our Reactiv Performance 1-3 lenses are perfect for races or training sessions that start in the dark and finish midday in the full sun and vice versa.
- The Reactiv 1-3 lenses are non-temperature sensitive so it will transition from light to dark and dark to light in about 20 seconds regardless of the heat or the cold.
- All of our photochromic performance sunglass lenses (REACTIV 0-3, REACTIV 1-3 High Contrast, REACTIV 1-3 Light Amplifier, REACTIV 2-3 Glare Control, REACTIV 2-3 Polarized, Reactiv 2-4, Reactiv 2-4 Polarized) have an anti-fog coating on the inside of the lens that will fight fog. Keep it clean with anti-grease dish soap and warm water and you’ll be fog-free for the life of the sunglasses.
- REACTIV Photochromic technology is built into the lens so it will never wear off like photochromic sprays, which can scratch off. Since it is built into the lens it will never stop transitioning and we guarantee it with our Lifetime Warranty.
- Our REACTIV Photochromic sunglasses are activated by the sun’s UV light and they protect your eyes from 100% A,B and C UV rays.
- If it’s muddy or raining, we’ve added an oil-repellant coating to the outside of the 1-3 lenses that repels oil and sheds water for peace of mind when conditions start to go south.
- The REACTIV 1-3 High-Contrast lens is a red lens that accentuates the terrain, improves depth perception, and reduces eye strain so you can read it better while moving quickly
- The REACTIV 1-3 Light Amplifier lens is a yellow lens that provides clarity in fog and low-light.
- All REACTIV lenses are made from Trivex, a hybrid of polycarbonate and mineral glass, which is completely shatter proof and highly scratch resistant. You can run them over or even take a sledge hammer to them and they will not break. The material used in each lens is the same material used in helicopter windshields, so rest assured your eyes will be protected from the elements.